Sometimes, it is necessary to automatically forward emails to another Email address. Whether you have to forward select emails to another Email address or want to bulk forward all of the emails to a different inbox, both Gmail and Outlook have made it extremely easy to do. Automate the process. The process is a bit different for Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail which is why this post covers Gmail and Outlook.
How to Automatically Forward Emails for Gmail
The best thing about forwarding emails on Gmail is that unlike Outlook, it requires the permission of the person that you wish to automatically forward emails to. The first step would be to add the forwarding addresses that you wish to automatically forward the emails.
- Head over to Gmail Settings and select the Forwarding and Pop/ IMAP tab.
- Click on Add a Forwarding address which is at the top of the page and right below the Forwarding subheading.
- Once the window pops up, enter the Email address you wish to forward the emails to. Keep in mind that only one Email address can be entered at a time. Click on Next to proceed.
- The forwarding address recipient would then receive an email which would contain a link that they would have to click in order for them to grant you with permission for forwarding emails.
Set Up the Automatically Forwarding Filter
- Simply go to Gmail Setting and click on Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Make your way to the bottom of the page and press on Create a New Filter.
- The emails which you wish to forward to should be entered in the criteria. If all of the emails need to be forwarded, enter the Email address on the “To” field and press on Create Filter.
- Choose “Forward it to” and select the address that you wish to forward emails from the dropdown menu. Click on the Create Filter.
If you need to stop forwarding the emails, you will have to go to Settings, then Filters and Blocked Addresses and press on delete next to address that you wish to get rid of.
How to Automatically Forward Emails for Outlook
The following steps should be followed if you want to automatically forward emails for Outlook.
- Open Outlook and click on the arrow right below Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts on the Home tab.
- Press New Rule.
- Select Apply rule on messages I receive below Start from a blank rule. Click on Next to proceed.
- Choose the criteria for the type of messages which you need to forward. Leave the sections blank if you would like to forward every single email that you receive. Click on Next to proceed.
- For the first step, choose “Forward to people or public group”. For the second step, press on the link for People or Public Group.
- Insert the Email address of the recipient that you wish to forward the Email
- Choose the criteria if needed.
- Finally enter a name for the rule and ensure that “Turn on this rule” has been checked before clicking on Finish.
This guide will help you automatically forward emails for Gmail and Outlook. Make sure to follow the steps thoroughly to achieve the desired results.